Subject: [PATCH 3/9] mq, mqprio: Use gnet_stats_add_queue().
From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 10:49:04 +0200

gnet_stats_add_basic() and gnet_stats_add_queue() add up the statistics
so they can be used directly for both the per-CPU and global case.

gnet_stats_add_queue() copies either Qdisc's per-CPU
gnet_stats_queue::qlen or the global member. The global
gnet_stats_queue::qlen isn't touched in the per-CPU case so there is no
need to consider it in the global-case.

In the per-CPU case, the sum of global gnet_stats_queue::qlen and
the per-CPU gnet_stats_queue::qlen was assigned to sch->q.qlen and
sch->qstats.qlen. Now both fields are copied individually.

Signed-off-by: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
---
 net/sched/sch_mq.c     |   24 +++++-------------------
 net/sched/sch_mqprio.c |   49 ++++++++++++-------------------------------------
 2 files changed, 17 insertions(+), 56 deletions(-)

--- a/net/sched/sch_mq.c
+++ b/net/sched/sch_mq.c
@@ -130,7 +130,6 @@ static int mq_dump(struct Qdisc *sch, st
 	struct net_device *dev = qdisc_dev(sch);
 	struct Qdisc *qdisc;
 	unsigned int ntx;
-	__u32 qlen = 0;
 
 	sch->q.qlen = 0;
 	memset(&sch->bstats, 0, sizeof(sch->bstats));
@@ -145,24 +144,11 @@ static int mq_dump(struct Qdisc *sch, st
 		qdisc = netdev_get_tx_queue(dev, ntx)->qdisc_sleeping;
 		spin_lock_bh(qdisc_lock(qdisc));
 
-		if (qdisc_is_percpu_stats(qdisc)) {
-			qlen = qdisc_qlen_sum(qdisc);
-			gnet_stats_add_basic(NULL, &sch->bstats,
-					     qdisc->cpu_bstats, &qdisc->bstats);
-			__gnet_stats_copy_queue(&sch->qstats,
-						qdisc->cpu_qstats,
-						&qdisc->qstats, qlen);
-			sch->q.qlen		+= qlen;
-		} else {
-			sch->q.qlen		+= qdisc->q.qlen;
-			sch->bstats.bytes	+= qdisc->bstats.bytes;
-			sch->bstats.packets	+= qdisc->bstats.packets;
-			sch->qstats.qlen	+= qdisc->qstats.qlen;
-			sch->qstats.backlog	+= qdisc->qstats.backlog;
-			sch->qstats.drops	+= qdisc->qstats.drops;
-			sch->qstats.requeues	+= qdisc->qstats.requeues;
-			sch->qstats.overlimits	+= qdisc->qstats.overlimits;
-		}
+		gnet_stats_add_basic(NULL, &sch->bstats, qdisc->cpu_bstats,
+				     &qdisc->bstats);
+		gnet_stats_add_queue(&sch->qstats, qdisc->cpu_qstats,
+				     &qdisc->qstats);
+		sch->q.qlen += qdisc_qlen(qdisc);
 
 		spin_unlock_bh(qdisc_lock(qdisc));
 	}
--- a/net/sched/sch_mqprio.c
+++ b/net/sched/sch_mqprio.c
@@ -402,24 +402,11 @@ static int mqprio_dump(struct Qdisc *sch
 		qdisc = netdev_get_tx_queue(dev, ntx)->qdisc_sleeping;
 		spin_lock_bh(qdisc_lock(qdisc));
 
-		if (qdisc_is_percpu_stats(qdisc)) {
-			__u32 qlen = qdisc_qlen_sum(qdisc);
-
-			gnet_stats_add_basic(NULL, &sch->bstats,
-					     qdisc->cpu_bstats, &qdisc->bstats);
-			__gnet_stats_copy_queue(&sch->qstats,
-						qdisc->cpu_qstats,
-						&qdisc->qstats, qlen);
-			sch->q.qlen		+= qlen;
-		} else {
-			sch->q.qlen		+= qdisc->q.qlen;
-			sch->bstats.bytes	+= qdisc->bstats.bytes;
-			sch->bstats.packets	+= qdisc->bstats.packets;
-			sch->qstats.backlog	+= qdisc->qstats.backlog;
-			sch->qstats.drops	+= qdisc->qstats.drops;
-			sch->qstats.requeues	+= qdisc->qstats.requeues;
-			sch->qstats.overlimits	+= qdisc->qstats.overlimits;
-		}
+		gnet_stats_add_basic(NULL, &sch->bstats, qdisc->cpu_bstats,
+				     &qdisc->bstats);
+		gnet_stats_add_queue(&sch->qstats, qdisc->cpu_qstats,
+				     &qdisc->qstats);
+		sch->q.qlen += qdisc_qlen(qdisc);
 
 		spin_unlock_bh(qdisc_lock(qdisc));
 	}
@@ -511,7 +498,7 @@ static int mqprio_dump_class_stats(struc
 {
 	if (cl >= TC_H_MIN_PRIORITY) {
 		int i;
-		__u32 qlen = 0;
+		__u32 qlen;
 		struct gnet_stats_queue qstats = {0};
 		struct gnet_stats_basic_packed bstats = {0};
 		struct net_device *dev = qdisc_dev(sch);
@@ -531,27 +518,15 @@ static int mqprio_dump_class_stats(struc
 
 			spin_lock_bh(qdisc_lock(qdisc));
 
-			if (qdisc_is_percpu_stats(qdisc)) {
-				qlen = qdisc_qlen_sum(qdisc);
+			gnet_stats_add_basic(NULL, &bstats, qdisc->cpu_bstats,
+					     &qdisc->bstats);
+			gnet_stats_add_queue(&qstats, qdisc->cpu_qstats,
+					     &qdisc->qstats);
+			sch->q.qlen += qdisc_qlen(qdisc);
 
-				gnet_stats_add_basic(NULL, &bstats,
-						     qdisc->cpu_bstats,
-						     &qdisc->bstats);
-				__gnet_stats_copy_queue(&qstats,
-							qdisc->cpu_qstats,
-							&qdisc->qstats,
-							qlen);
-			} else {
-				qlen		+= qdisc->q.qlen;
-				bstats.bytes	+= qdisc->bstats.bytes;
-				bstats.packets	+= qdisc->bstats.packets;
-				qstats.backlog	+= qdisc->qstats.backlog;
-				qstats.drops	+= qdisc->qstats.drops;
-				qstats.requeues	+= qdisc->qstats.requeues;
-				qstats.overlimits += qdisc->qstats.overlimits;
-			}
 			spin_unlock_bh(qdisc_lock(qdisc));
 		}
+		qlen = qdisc_qlen(sch) + qstats.qlen;
 
 		/* Reclaim root sleeping lock before completing stats */
 		if (d->lock)